- Author: FECTU
- Language: English
- Country: Germany
- Link: www.pferdestark.org
- Start Date: 2017-08-26
- End Date: 2017-08-27
August 26th and 27th, 2017 - Castle and Domain Wendlinghausen
The "PferdeStark" is the European Version of the US-HorseProgressDays.
Nowhere else in Europe you will find more modern horsedrawn machinery and equipment than at PferdeStark.
And this not only in displays but also under realistic working conditions.
"If you want to put a finger on the pulse of the current cart horse scene in Europe, then this show of heavy horses at work is compulsory viewing. Unlike so many events featuring big horses, the theme is firmly focused on the present and future. Nowhere else can you see such a wide variety of new machines and the horses to pull them. (â¦) Apart from being a practical shop window in its own right for horses and horsemen from all over Europe, a opportunity to meet old friends, make new ones and discuss ideas and problems in an open and informal fashion rarely encountered at more conventional agricultural shows, PferdeStark has a wider significance. For so much effort to have gone into developing practical new equipment, harness and other requirements for the working heavy horse indicates to me that there is a real revival of interest in such animals. An interest that is no longer an exercise in nostalgia, but a positive belief in the future." (Charlie Pinney, GB)
Nowhere else in Europe you´ll can find more modern horsedrawn machinery and equipment at one place than every other year at PferdeStark in Germany.
Last modified onSaturday, 01 April 2017 13:48
Latest from FECTU
- I Encuentro IbÃ©rico de TracciÃ³n Animal en Sta Croya de Tera (Zamora)
- Horse Progress Days 2018
- Untersuchungen zum Leistungspotential des Einsatzes von Arbeitspferden und moderner pferdegezogener Technik im Ãkologischen Landbau am Beispiel der Mahd im GrÃ¼nland
- Innovated retro: Cover cropping and horse traction to combat soil compaction and improve soil fertility
- Animal traction - potential and constraints
back to top