Draught Animal News will take as its themes all matters which relate directly to working animals: their keeping, feeding and welfare, technical questions relating to implements, vehicles and harness, techniques of training and harnessing animals, the initial and further education of people in the use of animal power in the areas of transport, farming, forestry etc. Of great importance is the exchange between theory and daily practice as well as networking between the associations and individuals concerned.
2. Submitted contributions must be directly related to the use of working animals.
3. To submit contributions users are requested to Sign up (See “Sign Up Guidelines” for more information). Users then can submit their documents and information in any language. Original contributions written by submitters must include an abstract of a maximum of 150 words in at least one of the following languages: English, French o Spanish.
4. Submitted information, when being pertinent, factual, notable, verifiable with cited sources and neutrally presented will be uploaded as soon as possible, normally within a few days. Contributors will be informed if the submitted material cannot be uploaded because it does not comply with the mentioned criteria.
5. Contributions can be submitted as a PDF document (from a written article, images, Power Point presentations, leaflets, booklets, etc….) with a maximum size of 32 MB.
6. Contributions not written by the submitter him-/herself as well as any other uploaded records and data must be free from any copyright protection. Otherwise an authorization by the author(s) is requested.
7. If for any reason the contribution is not uploaded, the contributor will be informed within due time.
8. The access to the DAN is free of charge.
9. Contribution Categories:
- News: including press releases
- Relevant Events of international interest: conferences, congresses, seminars, workshops, national, regional or international
- Scientific and technical papers: articles in printer friendly PDF format or found on the Scientific Journals web sites
- Practical papers: Manuals, guides, handbooks a.o. (learning, doing)
- Publications: books, reports, factsheets, case studies, booklets, proceedings, flyers, etc.
- Newsletters: current and archived issues of newsletters; regular circular information regarding upcoming meetings, projects, specific news and applications of relevance to animal draught
- Projects: any project concerning working animals
- Websites: any relevant website
- Multimedia: a link to Power Point Presentations, video and sound clips, etc.
- Miscellaneous: anything not fitting the previous categories.
After signing up (see point 3), you will be able to upload your contribution. To do so, you must Log in first. For more information read the “Submitting Guidelines”.
If your submission has been successful, you will have an immediate confirmation by the editor.
Records and data will only be accepted if uploaded by using the SUBMIT form.
Each record in the Gateway is indexed by its category, title, topic (tag), author or originating organization, language, country, year, submitting users.
Events can also be searched by place and date.
Users can search the contents of the Gateway in different ways depending on specific requirements:
- Simple search: to quickly find records using free text terms, contained either in the record’s title, abstract, text or in the record information.
- Advanced search: to search for a more specific expression in combination with topics keywords, date, type and/or source of document, country and language to retrieve the most relevant results.
- Search by topics: to search or browse the list of topics used in the DAN
- Browse by category or by topic: view information under each category or topic tab (i.e. publications, language, country, etc., narrowing or refining the search to find the most relevant results.
In order to facilitate networking the e-mail addresses of submitters/contributors are given with the contribution if the contributor agrees.
13. DAN – Newsletter
From time to time the DAN contributions will be available as a DAN-Newsletter to registered subscribers. Subscription is free of charge ( see: NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION)
14. Becoming member of Editorial board
The views expressed in this information product are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of FECTU.
The designations employed and the presentation of material in this information product do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of FECTU concerning the legal or development status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The mention of specific companies or products of manufacturers, whether or not these have been patented, does not imply that these have been endorsed or recommended by FECTU in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
FECTU declines all responsibility for errors or deficiencies in the database or software or in the documentation accompanying it, for programme maintenance and upgrading as well as for any damage that may arise from them. FECTU also declines any responsibility for updating the data and assumes no responsibility for errors and omissions in the data provided. Users are, however, kindly asked to report any errors or deficiencies in this product to FECTU.Air Foamposite Max